This website is owned and operated by Madisons Lawyers. By accessing or using this website you agree to the following terms:
• Information on this site about the law on any subject is intended only to provide a general outline. It is not intended to be comprehensive nor does it constitute legal advice. You should seek legal or other professional advice before relying on or taking other action based on information contained on this site.
• While we endeavour to ensure that the information provided on our website is accurate, complete and up-to-date, we do not guarantee its currency as there may be delays, errors or omissions.
• All trade marks mentioned on this website belong to their respective owners. Unless otherwise indicated, Madisons Lawyers owns the copyright in the content on this website.
• Permission to reproduce, adapt, distribute, store in a retrieval system or transmit any content from this site for commercial purposes must be obtained from Madisons Lawyers.
• Madisons Lawyers is not responsible for any loss suffered in connection with the use of this website. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any computer virus. It is recommended that prior to using any downloaded file, you carry out a virus check.
• the manner in which Madisons Lawyers collects your personal information;
• the main purposes for which Madisons Lawyers uses that information;
• how you can access, correct or update any personal information that Madisons Lawyers holds about you; and
• how Madisons Lawyers keeps the information secure.
Collecting your personal information
Most of the personal information about you is collected by Madisons Lawyers either directly from you or indirectly from your employer or professional advisers. The personal information is typically collected in connection with Madisons Lawyers delivery of services to its clients.
This information typically comprises contact details such as phone numbers and email addresses, and may also include other personal information. Where necessary we may also need to ask you for other specific personal information to enable Madisons Lawyers to provide its services to you.
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Use and disclosure of information
Any personal information about you held by Madisons Lawyers will only be used lawfully and fairly primarily for the purpose of providing legal services to our clients, and also to inform you of news on legal issues and developments and invitations to events.
If Madisons Lawyers wishes to use or disclose any of your personal information other than as set out above, Madisons Lawyers will not do so unless:
• Madisons Lawyers has your express consent to do so;
• Madisons Lawyers has reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; or
• Madisons Lawyers has reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is required by law or to enforce the law.
Madisons Lawyers will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information Madisons Lawyers collects uses or discloses is stored in a secure environment that is accessed only by persons authorised by Madisons Lawyers so as to prevent misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You may access your personal information held by Madisons Lawyers, subject to some exceptions by making a request in writing to the Madisons Lawyers Privacy Officer. We will respond to your request for access as soon as practicable and endeavour to provide the requested information within 30 days. We may charge you a reasonable fee to recover our costs for providing access based on the quantity of material and time involved in providing access. We may not be able to provide access to information in some situations and will inform you of our reasons in writing if that is the case.
If you have any other queries relating to privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer by telephoning our office on +61 (0)3 9824 5100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also write to the Privacy Officer – Madisons Lawyers at:
Privacy Officer Madisons Lawyers Suite 11a, 856-860 Doncaster Road, Doncaster East, VIC 3109
Facsimile +61 (0)3 9824 6500
Contact Us Today!
Get in touch and let us know how we can assist you. You can give us a call directly, organise a Zoom meeting or visit our office in Doncaster East.
Phone: (03) 9824 5100
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Address: Suite 11a, 856-860 Doncaster Road,
Doncaster East, VIC 3109, Australia
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.